The Warren County Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response program is tasked with planning for large scale public health events that could potentially harm Warren County residents. Dangerous public health events include natural disasters, man-made disasters, naturally occurring disease outbreaks, biological or chemical attacks and even radiological events.
Warren County Public Health works with local, state and federal partners to identify potential hazards to the community, implement mitigation strategies to reduce the impact of a public health event and to determine strengths and weaknesses to our response capabilities.
Warren County Public Health is responsible for a number of plans including Public Health Asset Distribution Plan, Medical Countermeasures Clinical Operations Plan, Isolation and Quarantine Plan and the Public Health Emergency Response and Preparedness Plan to name a few. Warren County Public Health relies on content experts from our partners to endure our planning efforts are in line with the current best practices depending on the size, scope and type of emergency that occurs. Regular drills and exercises are conducted to identify areas for improvement.
The plans build the foundation for the responsive activities of Warren County Public Health staff and its partners. Plans are reviewed annually and adjusted based on lessons learned from regular drills and exercises that test our abilities to respond to specific events.
Contact Warren County Public Health at 518-761-6580 for more information about Public Health Emergency Preparedness Program.
- Have a plan
- Build a kit in case of emergencies
- Ready Kids Games
- American Red Cross Family Disaster Plan
Information: How to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Carbon Monoxide - NYS Department of Health
- How Close is Too Close for Portable Generators
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - CDC
- Carbon Monoxide Virtual Toolbox
- ServNY- Volunteer to serve WC during major disasters and public health emergencies
- State Emergency Management Office-SEMO
- Center For Disease Control (CDC)
- New York State Emergency Preparedness website
- New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH)
- Warren County Sheriff's Department
- Albany School of Public Health
- New York State Office of Mental Health
- Warren County EMS Agencies
FREE Online Emergency preparedness Classes from University at Albany School of Public Health
Website - https://www.ualbanycphp.org/learning/
For more preparedness videos, you can visit FEMA's Ready.gov page.