NOTE: NEW ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR NEW PISTOL PERMIT APPLICATIONS; INCLUDES NEW SAFETY COURSE EFFECTIVE 9/1/2022.
- Due to high volume activity, we continue to experience delays in processing. We appreciate your patience. Total time for new permit process: 6+ months. To check status, please allow 12 weeks before calling. References must be prompt in responding; no 2nd notices given.
- All visitors must check in at Clerk’s Office before being directed to Pistol Permits office; includes those with appointments. Appointments required for confidential services; https://warrencountypistolpermits.setmore.com.
- Deputy available at firstname.lastname@example.org (See info below)
- All Fees: cash or check
- Warren Co. Pistol Permit Webpage- Under Reconstruction.
- See NYSP website: www.troopers.ny.gov for new 2022 Pistol Permit Info, FAQs, Recertification, Mandatory Safety Course info
Pistol Permit Open Services: No appointments required for the following services: M-F 8-4 Processed at Clerk Front Counter:
- Application Packets: $10. New Eligibility Information, Instructions, New application Forms: Pistol/Revolver and Semi Automatic Rifle Application
- Semi Auto Rifle Endorsement: $8 (for existing permit holders, amendment and printed card with endorsement)
- Amendments-Add/Delete: 1 or 2 add/deletes, $ 3 per firearm; bring your receipt.
- Address Change in Warren Co.:$3 fee
- Name Change:$3 fee; bring proof of change (marriage certificate, driver’s license)
- Lost/Damaged Permit Replacement Card: $ 5
- Request to Remove Restriction:$8 (amendment & new card-duplicate); Pay when at Counter; card mailed when approved by Judge. If necessary, update to current address ($ 3).
- Transfer Out of Warren Co.: Bring payment of $ 5 per county, total $ 10.
PISTOL/PERMIT Confidential Services: Appointments Required
- https://warrencountypistolpermits.setmore.com Hrs. M, W, 9-1, 2-3 (lunch break 1-2); Friday: 9-12. Deputy extends based on availability/office discretion.
- Add/Delete Firearms:3 & more must be by appt. Bring in bill of sale/receipt from Dealer; $ 3 per firearm.
- Co-Ownership:To co-own with another Warren Co permit holder. $ 3 per firearm; must have notarized letter of agreement from owner.
- Transfer In to Warren Co.:You will receive call that transfer paperwork is ready. Bring current permit and $ 12 for new photo.
- Application Submissions: Bring all completed forms with valid ID; Photo taken $ 12 fee.
- Approved Applications:Bring approval letter; electronic signature, print, photo will be done at no fee.
- Upgrade Paper to Plastic Card: Bring Green Paper Card, $ 17 fee.