The mission of the Warren County Planning Department is to analyze, prioritize and plan for the balanced and sustainable use of the county's natural resources and built environment to enhance the quality of life for current and future generations while respecting our past.
- Review and provide recommendations to communities in relation to GML 239-m county planning referrals
- Provide technical services to local planning and zoning boards for matters related to community master plans, zoning ordinances and related land use regulations, including coordination of local Warren County Planning Group.
- Design and implement planning and economic development initiatives involving multiple county communities.
- Provide planning review and technical support for the Adirondack/Glens Falls Transportation Council's Planning Committee
- Participate in Warren County Water Quality Strategy Committee and Lake George Partnership
- Coordinate Warren County Climate Smart Task Force and Program
- Coordinate Census 2020 Preparation and Outreach
- Develop proposals and funding requests for federal and state programs relating to environmental projects, trail development, community facilities and economic development projects.
- Administration and management of programs that improve or develop public facilities within local communities.
- Special project planning and development as identified by the Warren County Board of Supervisors.
- Project Coordination for the First Wilderness Heritage Corridor.
1340 State Route 9, Lake George, NY 12845
518-761-6410 phone / 518-761-6411 fax