Department of Motor Vehicles and Enhanced Driver's License (EDL) Information
- Enhanced Driver License (EDL)
- Basic Real ID and EDL Document (printable)
- Real ID + EDL Checklist (printable)
- ATTENTION Real ID and EDL Applicants!
- DMV ID-44 Application Request
- Learn More About Upgrading Your License by Watching this Video
- Special thanks to the Hon. Michael Keville, Madison County Clerk and DMV , for creating and sharing this important video on Real ID and EDLs with us! Thank you, Mike!
To visit the Warren County Department of Motor Vehicles, please note the following:
1340 State Route 9 (Warren County Municipal Center)
Lake George, New York 12845
Exit 20 of the Adirondack Northway (I-87)
From North: Turn left at the exit, Municipal Center is straight ahead.
From South: Turn right at the exit, head south (1 minute), turn left at the traffic light.
Bear right as you enter the property, follow signs for County Clerk-DMV Public Parking.
The parking lot is handicapped accessible with designated parking spaces and ramp.
URGENT MESSAGE: WE ARE EXPERIENCING EXTREMELY HIGH VOLUME IN THE OFFICE DUE TO THE NEW EDL/REAL ID REQUIREMENTS and SEASONAL TRENDS. AS A RESULT, WE ARE UNABLE TO RETURN CALLS WITHIN THE BUSINESS DAY. WE WILL RETURN CALLS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.Pamela J. Vogel, Warren Co. Clerk and the DMV staff. 4/16/2019
Full-service windows; also Dealer, Express Lane (peak hours), and Welcome Window (questions, forms, scheduled tests), Take-A-Number, DMV Kiosk for most popular forms and manuals.
- 8:15 - 4:30, Monday - Friday, except legal holidays.
- Enhanced Drivers Licenses (EDL) and Real ID: 8:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. daily (M-F) Processing time is 45 minutes plus
- Enforcement: 9-11 and 2-4 daily
- Operator and Motorcycle Permits: Tues., Wed., Thurs. 9-11 and 1-3:30 By appointment only. Please call (518) 761-6438
- GLL Permits and Applications: Wed. 9-11 a.m.
- CDL, Escort, Tow Truck & Metal Coil Tests: Tues., Wed., Thurs. 9 a.m and 1 p.m. By Appointment. To schedule, please call (518) 761-6438. Leave Name and Telephone and your call will be returned. CDL includes written and audio exams using compact disc.
- Please Note: No testing on Mondays and Fridays.
- Check: Preprinted with telephone numbers, payable to Warren Co. Clerk
- Credit Cards: VISA, Master Card, American Express, Discover
And remember... Warren County receives 12.7% of all fees when performing these transactions in our office for NYS DMV! Be sure to visit our office!!!