Warren County Department of Motor Vehicles
SERVICES AND SCHEDULES IMPACTED BY COVID-19 CRISIS. PLEASE SEE COVID-19 UPDATES FOR INFORMATION.
County Clerks and the DMV Team Up For "Donate Life"(Click here to find out more)
NOTICE: COVID-19 Appointment Phone LineYou may leave a voicemail on our appointment phone line: (518) 761-6438, however, volume is incredibly high. Thank you for your patience during this time. 6/16/2020
The Warren County Department of Motor Vehicles serves as agent to the New York State Commissioner of Motor Vehicles. For all information about the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles and its services, kindly visit the department's website at: www.dmv.ny.gov The site is extensive! Click on the following to access some of our favorites, then come see us at the Warren County DMV!
- DMV Forms Listing
- Enhanced Driver License (EDL)
- Road Test Scheduling
- Driver's Manual and Study Guide
- Road Test Tips and Practice Guide
- Commercial Driver License (CDL)
To visit the Warren County Department of Motor Vehicles, please note the following:
1340 State Route 9 (Warren County Municipal Center)
Lake George, New York 12845
Exit 20 of the Adirondack Northway (I-87)
From North: Turn left at the exit, Municipal Center is straight ahead.
From South: Turn right at the exit, head south (1 minute), turn left at the traffic light.
Bear right as you enter the property, follow signs for County Clerk-DMV Public Parking.
The parking lot is handicapped accessible with designated parking spaces and ramp.
URGENT MESSAGE: WE ARE EXPERIENCING EXTREMELY HIGH VOLUME IN THE OFFICE DUE TO THE NEW EDL/REAL ID REQUIREMENTS and SEASONAL TRENDS. AS A RESULT, WE ARE UNABLE TO RETURN CALLS WITHIN THE BUSINESS DAY. WE WILL RETURN CALLS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.Pamela J. Vogel, Warren Co. Clerk and the DMV staff. 4/16/2019
Full-service windows; also Dealer, Express Lane (peak hours), and Welcome Window (questions, forms, scheduled tests), Take-A-Number, DMV Kiosk for most popular forms and manuals.
- 8:15 - 4:30, Monday - Friday, except legal holidays.
- Enhanced Drivers Licenses (EDL) and Real ID: 8:15 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. daily (M-F) Processing time is 45 minutes plus
- Enforcement: 9-11 and 2-4 daily
- Operator and Motorcycle Permits: Tues., Wed., Thurs. 9-11 and 1-3:30 By appointment only. Please call (518) 761-6438
- CDL, Escort, Tow Truck & Metal Coil Tests: Tues., Wed., Thurs. 9 a.m and 1 p.m. By Appointment. To schedule, please call (518) 761-6438. Leave Name and Telephone and your call will be returned. CDL includes written and audio exams using compact disc.
- Please Note: No testing on Mondays and Fridays.
- For ROAD Tests , please contact NYS DMV at www.dmv.ny.gov   or call (518) 402-2100.
- Check: Preprinted with telephone numbers, payable to Warren Co. Clerk
- Credit Cards: VISA, Master Card, American Express, Discover
And remember... Warren County receives 12.7% of all fees when performing these transactions in our office for NYS DMV! Be sure to visit our office!!!