Located on the third floor of the new Human Services building within the County municipal complex, the Warren County Department of Planning and Community Development provides the following services:
- Planning and administrative support services to the Warren County Planning Board for monthly review meetings
- Providing technical services to local planning and zoning boards for matters related to community master plans, zoning ordinances and related land use regulations.
- Design and implementation of planning and economic development initiatives involving multiple county communities.
- Providing planning review and technical support for the Adirondack/Glens Falls Transportation Advisory Council and Policy Committee.
- Proposal development and funding requests for federal and state programs relating to housing, community facilities, and economic development projects and programs.
- Administration and management of home improvement and new home ownership programs that benefit low and moderate income persons.
- Administration and management of programs that improve or develop public facilities within local communities.
- Special project planning and development as identified by the Warren County Board of Supervisors (e.g. Tourist Rail Line Extension and Connection to Saratoga Springs, Outdoor Drama Theater Project).
- Certification of projects to be assisted through the Warren County Empire Zone Program.
- Development and management of a county-wide "Main Street Program" consistent with the program objectives initiated by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Geographic Information System
- Administration of the County's spatial data and "circuit rider" assistance to local communities that utilize geospatial technology.
- Management of the County's online mapping system
- E-911 Coordination, providing physical addresses and maintaining road information for emergency dispatch.
- Assistance to County Department managers with utilizing digital files and for project specific applications.
- Providing analysis, custom mapping, and data development services
- Co-coordination of the Lower Adirondack GIS Users Group