Board Of Elections
The Board of Elections provides services necessary for the education, registration, preparation and completion of the election process.
- New York State Election Law mandates the following be provided:
- Main list of all elected Warren County officials, including terms of office;
- Provide voter outreach programs;
- Accept and log petitions necessary for an individual to be placed on the ballot;
- Review and rule on challenges to petitions;
- Conduct voter registration days;
- Work with town/city clerks to be sure polling places meet ADA guidelines;
- Train Election Day workers;
- Serve as Certified Election Machine Custodians;
- Prepare paperwork necessary for voting machines and absentee ballots;
- Receive and certify election results, and make available to the public.