Warren County Department of Motor Vehicles
County Clerks and the DMV Team Up For "Donate Life"(Click here to find out more)
The Warren County Department of Motor Vehicles serves as agent to the New York State Commissioner of Motor Vehicles, the Hon. David J. Swarts, Commissioner. For all information about the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles and its services, kindly visit the department's website at: www.dmv.ny.gov The site is extensive! Click on the following to access some of our favorites, then come see us at the Warren County DMV!
- DMV Forms Listing
- Enhanced Driver License (EDL)
- Road Test Scheduling
- Driver's Manual and Study Guide
- Road Test Tips and Practice Guide
- Commercial Driver License (CDL)
To visit the Warren County Department of Motor Vehicles, please note the following:
1340 State Route 9 (Warren County Municipal Center)
Lake George, New York 12845
Exit 20 of the Adirondack Northway (I-87)
From North: Turn left at the exit, Municipal Center is straight ahead.
From South: Turn right at the exit, head south (1 minute), turn left at the traffic light.
Bear right as you enter the property, follow signs for County Clerk-DMV Public Parking.
The parking lot is handicapped accessible with designated parking spaces and ramp.
We do our best to return all calls during the business day! If extremely busy, calls will be returned the next day. If you wish, leave a best time for call backs. Thanks so much!
Full-service windows; also Dealer, Express Lane (peak hours), and Welcome Window (questions, forms, scheduled tests), Take-A-Number, DMV Kiosk for most popular forms and manuals.
- 8:15 - 4:30, Monday - Friday, except legal holidays.
- Enhanced Drivers Licenses (the new EDL): 9-11 and 2-4 daily.
- Enforcement: 9-11 and 2-4 daily
- Operator and Motorcycle Permits: Tues., Wed., Thurs. 9-11 and 1-3:30 By appointment only. Please call (518) 761-6438
- CDL, Escort, Tow Truck & Metal Coil Tests: Tues., Wed., Thurs. 9 a.m and 1 p.m. By Appointment. To schedule, please call (518) 761-6438. Leave Name and Telephone and your call will be returned. CDL includes written and audio exams using compact disc.
- Please Note: No testing on Mondays and Fridays.
- Check: Preprinted with telephone numbers, payable to Warren Co. Clerk
- Credit Cards: VISA, Master Card, American Express, Discover
And remember... Warren County receives 12.7% of all fees when performing these transactions in our office for NYS DMV! Be sure to visit our office!!!